You will notice after you have logged into myCourses that we have added a new drop-down menu entitled "Recommended Browsers." The drop-down menu contains quick links to free downloads for Google Chrome or Firefox which are the preferred browser for myCourses (Moodle). Also a good idea to make sure you have the latest version of Google Chrome and/or Mozilla Firefox.
Please do not hesitate to place a COA Help Desk/Support Ticket at https://mysupport.albemarle.edu if you should have any questions or concerns regarding myCourses (Moodle). Choose 02 for STUDENTS and 30 for FACULTY/STAFF.Have a great day!
To log into myCourses you will need an active COA student account:
- To activate your New Student Account or Reset your COA password - Go to COA's home page http://www.albemarle.edu. Then click on Student Resources -> and click on support.albemarle.edu/password (Password Manager) under Activate Your Accounts. Follow all directions. (Direct hyperlink is https://support.albemarle.edu/password/.)
- Once you have successfully activated your Student account (or reset the password) - double check by logging into your COA accounts - Gmail. WebAdvisor, and. Your username and password is the same for all three.
Note: Due to audit requirements your current semester course(s) will be made available and visible on the first day of your class(es) starting at 12:15am.
Textbook information prior to first day of classes, is available on the class schedule web pages. Locate the class which you are registered and click on "Textbook Info" to get listing(s).
If you need face-to-face assistance during the semester navigating in myCourses or understanding how to use a particular software application, please know that there are Lab Assistants on duty in the Open Computer Labs as follows:
- Elizabeth City Campus - In the Library located in B Building
- Edenton-Chowan Campus - Room 302, Building 3 - Continuing Education Building
- Dare Campus - In the Library, Twiford Road location.
Please check open lab hours at http://www.albemarle.edu/students/computer-labs-on-campus to see when these facilities are open. Additionally, the Distance Education offices are located on the Elizabeth City Campus, A Building, Room 137 should you need us.